Eric D. Maloney - Professor
- Ph.D. in Atmospheric Science - 2000 - University of Washington - Seattle, WA
- B.S. in Physics - 1994 - University of Illinois at Urbana, Illinois
Eric Maloney received his B.S. in Physics from the University of Illinois in 1994, and a Ph.D. in Atmospheric Science from the University of Washington in 2000. Eric was a joint NOAA Climate and Global Change Postdoctoral Fellow and Advanced Study Program Postdoctoral Fellow at the National Center for Atmospheric Research from 2000-2002. He was an Assistant Professor at the College of Oceanic and Atmospheric Sciences at Oregon State University from 2002-2008. Eric joined the CSU Department of Atmospheric Science in January 2008.
- Ocean-Atmosphere Interactions
- Climate Dynamics
- Tropical Meteorology
- Introduction to Meteorology
- Tropical meteorology
- Ocean-atmosphere interactions
- Climate dynamics
- Climate modeling
- National Science Foundation
- National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration
Awards, Honors, and Positions
- 2014, Department of Atmospheric Science, Colorado State University, Professor of the Year
- NOAA Postdoctoral Fellowship in Climate and Global Change - 2000 to 2002, National Center for Atmospheric Research, Boulder, Colorado
- NCAR Advanced Study Program Postdoctoral Fellowship, Boulder, Colorado, 2000 to 2002
- 2006 College of Oceanic and Atmospheric Sciences Patullo Award for Excellence in Teaching
- 2010, College of Engineering, George T. Abell Outstanding Mid-Career Faculty Award, Colorado State University
- 2010, Department of Atmospheric Science, Colorado State University, Professor of the Year
- Editor, Journal of Climate, January 2011-present.
- Co-chair of WWRP/WCRP YOTC MJO Task Force, 2010-present.